Thursday, February 12, 2004

We made it to the gym this morning: chest and triceps. I'm a bit miffed because I can tell I've lost a little even though I only took a week off.

All right: new plan. I'm going on a calorie-restrictive, targeted ketogenic diet; about 1200 calories a day. That means out of all my food, I'm going to eat about 60 grams of carbohydrates on work-out days and about 35-45 on non-workout days.

Starting the 16th of February, this will be my schedule:

Monday: 20 minute run, Stiff-legged deadlift, chin-ups, squats
Tuesday: 20 minute run, back and biceps
Wednesday:20 minute run, chest and triceps
Thursday: 30 minute run - no weight training
Friday: 20 minute run, shoulders and legs

Saturday and Sunday I won't exercise - but I'll mainly be at the drop zone which can be plenty exercise enough.

I'm starting Monday because Saturday we are having a chili cookoff at the drop zone - chili and beer, beer, and more beer. Then I'm getting serious. Really. This time will be different.

Meh.

I'm going to upgrade my Blog one of these days so I can publish pictures. Then I'll take a photograph of my butt and display exactly why I want to lose a certain amount of body fat.

Currently I am happy to report I weigh 133. Happy because I didn't gain that much since I went off my last diet.

So anyway - anything else to report on today? I watched not much of anything last night. A few episodes of Good Eats where I learned that you can make chocolate sieze up and sock puppets can fart. I love that show.

I'm a tad annoyed about all the ado about Janet Jackson's boob. So what? All the busybody politicians (there's a redundant phrase if I've ever heard one) are threatening a huge crackdown. Trust me - if the NFL received thousands of complaints, that will keep them from having MTV produce the half-time show ever again. No need for government intervention.

I'm enjoying Nancy's friend, Helly's blogs about stupidity. We have a sticker in our King Air that says "Notice: you can't fix stupid". A non-skydiver might smirk about a skydiver calling another stupid, but skydiving is one of those areas where stupidity can and does lead to extreme amounts of pain.

I was going to write a long discourse about the dumbass things I have seen some skydivers do, but then again I have done some idiotic things. I try to be conservative, but gravity can be unforgiving and it only takes once. The skydiving collarary to "Stupidity should be painful" is of course: "If you're going to be stupid, you'd better be tough".

Quickie top 10 list o the day:

Top 10 favorite songs:

10:Ring of Fire Johnny Cash

When I was young I was subjected to 8-Tracks of Johnny Cash and Neal Diamond. My loving of Cash and loathing of Diamond endures to this day. I'll sing along with Johnny, but if Neal comes on I'll bolt across the room to snap off the radio before the song gets stuck in my head. "Cracklin' Rosie you're a store-bought woman..." AAAAAIGH!

9:I fall to Pieces Patsy Cline

This woman's voice *rules*.

8:Won't Get Fooled Again the Who

Not only a kickass rock anthem, the lyrics aren't insipid ballads to some woman's hooters. "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" indeed.

7:Bizarre Love Triangle New Order

The only dance song I can think of that you can sing a capella and it still sounds good. Try it!
Every time I see you fall I get down on my knees and pray
Waiting for that final moment you say the words I can't say

Not that I can sing.

6:Birds of Paradise The Pretenders

I blame an old boyfriend for this song. I get all choked up and nostalgic when I hear this one. I could say the same for the Ramones' "Blitzkreig Bop" though.

5:Wish You Were Here Pink Floyd

More melancholy. Hey, it's an INTP thing.

4:I Apologize Husker Du

Everything they did was at breakneck speed.

all these crazy mixed up lies floating all around
making these assumptions brings me down
and you get tight-lipped, how do i know what you think?
is it something i said when i lost my mind?
temper too quick, makes me blind i apologize.


3:Some Days are Better Than Others U2

Bono is an ex-listee and I still love his voice - especially the way it floats over Edge's chiming guitar chords in this song. Another pop tune whose melody lends itself to a capella renditions.

2:Ain't that Pretty At All Warren Zevon

Everyone should have a favorite Zevon song.

I'd like to go back to Paris someday and visit the Louvre Museum
Get a good running start and hurl myself at the wall
Going to hurl myself against the wall
'Cause I'd rather feel bad than feel nothing at all


1:When the World is Running Down the Police

You make the best of what's still around - dunno completely why this is my favorite; the breezy melancholy gets to me every time I hear it. The Police remain one of my favorite bands.

No comments: